missing HD

Patrick McGlynn pat_mcglynn at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 22 07:39:27 PST 2003

I wrote the other day I was reinstalling OS on my hard drive when my
computer froze. the computer now starts up with the disk in and me holding
down the c button and then with the extensions off.   when it is on there is
no sign of the hard drive and i have no destination disk to install the
software.  i have tried using the utilities on the disk to reformat and
reinitialize the HD but  the HD doesnt show up as an option.  the only thing
that appear is the CD i have in.  any thoughts?