No VGA video port on my eMac

Henry Doerksen hedoerks at shaw.ca
Fri Jan 24 00:01:10 PST 2003

Greetings from Langley BC, Canada

I'm a high school teacher who has a small network of 3 iMacs and 5
Performa 5200's and use Network Assistant 3.5.2 administer them. I just
received a new eMac and discovered that the Network Assistant 3.5.2
extension, which worked fine on my Graphite 450 iMac using system 9.2,
is not compatible with the eMac using system 9.2. Why won't NW
Assistant 3.5.3 work on my eMac using the same OS (9.2) as my old iMac?
If I upgrade to Network Assistant 4.0, can I still access my old
Performas?

I frequently use an InFocus projector for my lessons. However, my new
eMac does not have a VGA video port like my old Graphite 450 iMac did.
The eMac apparently has a new type of video port that looks like a
Firewire port. Does anyone know if there is a cable or adapter
available so that I can still use my InFocus projector?

Thanks for helping!

Doppler effect:
   The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you
rapidly.

Technology is simply a means of manipulating the world so you
don't have to experience it.

Henry Doerksen