G4 Ethernet card

Ron Goebel redial at sport.rr.com
Wed Jan 29 20:50:43 PST 2003

I have a QuickSilver G4 which was booting/running OS 9.2.  Several
months ago a lightning strike traveled through the ethernet wires of
my LAN and damaged my built-in Ethernet.  So I added a Farrallon
10/100 PCI Ethernet card, chose it in the AppleTalk and TCP/IP
control panels, and all was well.

Yesterday I installed Jaguar 10.2 and everything else was OK.  But
the Network Preference Pane only shows Built-In Ethernet, and since
it is fried, I can't get on the network now.  I've had to boot from
OS 9.2, and I'm back in business.

Is there a way to make the Farrallon PCI card show up in the Network pane?

Ron