[G4] Quicksilver/CD Problems

Winsor Crosby wincros at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 29 22:23:02 PST 2003

On Wednesday, January 29, 2003, at 09:37  PM, ro shriver wrote:

> This is the second drive to fail on this computer.
> The original Superdrive failed within a month of when
> I bought a little over a year ago.  And, no,
> unfortunately, I did not get the Applecare warranty.
> I'm kicking myself now.  And I'm more than a little
> ticked off that this second one now seems to have
> failed.
>
> I've looked all over the Apple site for a replacement
> drive for a computer out of warranty.  What am I
> missing?  Because I cannot find it.
>
> Are there any other options that I have here, as far
> as a replacement drive is concerned?  I would like to
> have what I've had in the Superdrive, but don't know
> where to start looking or what to look for.
>

> --- Joe Ellis <jellis at gdeb.com> wrote:

It might be a good idea to replace it with the same drive. It may not
be very reliable, but the driver may be written for it. Or at least the
same speed. I think I saw somewhere on the net that said it was a
Pioneer drive. You might search around and confirm that.

Or you could check out <http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/ >. It is an upgrade
site and there is bound to be a few people who have related their
experiences with other drives.

Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA