[G4] PCI slot modem card for a G4 ???

Tracker at aol.com Tracker at aol.com
Fri Jan 31 00:33:48 PST 2003

In a message dated 1/30/03 11:17:27 PM, martin at atelierdesign.net writes:

<< I was looking for a more elegant solution. Maybe there's a USB modem? >>

There is definitely a USB modem available.

I am holding one sold by Boca Research, Inc., of Boca Raton, Florida. The
model number is MD56EUSB, Tidalwave 56K USB Fax/Modem. The FCC Reg Number is
IEJUSA-33695-M5-E. In the lower right corner of the label, it reads: P/N
LC092.

It very closely resembles the older style Global Village modems in shape and
connector layout except that it has no power input socket or on/off rocker
switch.

I haven't tested this one yet, having received it only last week in a
shipment of donated computer equipment, but hope to run it through sometime
this week or next. If I got a donated item like this, there must be more
somewhere.