[G4] Digital Recorder

Craig Turner cwt4885 at email.unc.edu
Thu Jul 3 07:13:44 PDT 2003

Ms. Cass,

I have been using the Olympus DS-330 for research/reading notes that I
download to my desktop G4 and transcribe into iListen in various
applications. It is an amazingly small device with what I perceive as
very good to excellent quality. I can't speak for the musical fidelity,
but if you're just looking for a reminder/record of the sound or
technique, I believe this would fit the bill very nicely. I bought the
additional microphone (just a plug in on the device-$20) so that my
transcriptions would be as clear as possible, rather than using the
built-in mic.

You can save your files in the device in a folder system that is really
convenient. You'll get a device that allows you to plug the device into
your USB port on your Mac. The software for download that Olympus
provides is very good and easy to use: I have had no problems operating
the device or transferring files.

I recommend you look for this model. Just browse Google or such and
find the best price you can (around $160 when I bought). You might also
go to the Olympus web site and read more about it there.

HTH,
Craig Turner