[G4] URGENT Need MAC help desperately

T. Brown / groucho btgroucho at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 6 21:52:33 PDT 2003

On Sunday, July 6, 2003, at 09:14 PM, Kunga wrote:

> I took your advice Groucho as I have lately been having full blown
> system crash problems and ran the 10.2.6 COMBO updater on my own
> system this afternoon and everything is behaving much better now.
> Thanks.

No problem, glad everything is working better for you. I would suggest
running the Permissions
verify/repair and an fsck -y to double check all is really well. Small
problems can amplify quickly,
best to nip them in the bud. I always run at least the fsck -y after
any type of crash. Those usually
come after downloading Freeware apps. or system hacks. Best to create a
second user account
just for test purposes. In fact it is a good idea to create a second
Admin account after installing a
new version of OS X. If you have wonkiness, just log in as your second
admin to see if you still have
problems. I always keep a second account just for emergencies.

Regards,
groucho