[G4] Dead FW ports

Brian Conner brianconner at vision-video.com
Tue Jul 15 06:23:56 PDT 2003

Sean, I don't find it odd. This is a school with curious kids. They try
stuff, you know. It's easy to plug a cheap FW cable in backwards. This can
fry a FW bus very quickly, and only the more recent G4s have a self-healing
FW bus. So it is no surprise if the FW busses on several computers are
fried.

Diannah, this is a great opportunity to teach the kids why it's important to
plug the FW cable in the right way.

Brian Conner