[G4] G4--prices?

Sean picasso at madflower.com
Wed Jul 16 06:16:45 PDT 2003

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, Kunga wrote:

> You're right Mark. It will be more like THREE to FIVE times the
> performance. If you don't think so, you are blind to the facts as laid
> out by Mr. Jobs on June 23rd. Have you seen his presentation yet?
> Believe me, it will be worth the extra money well spent.

The problem is not that the hardware can run 3-5x as fast. It is a matter
of when the software can be optimized to actually run that fast.

Typically with the introduction of a totally new series of hardware at
Apple. It takes them 2-3 years before you can take advantage of the
hardware features because of software limitations, by that time it is
almost time to buy a new computer anyway.

I don't see the G4 being any different in this catagory.