G4 dual 1.25 and SCSI question, etc.

fuzzy44 at earthlink.net fuzzy44 at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 17 11:40:17 PDT 2003

Hi. I am in the process of ordering one of the dual 1.25 's from the
Apple online
store and I'd like your advice on a few things.
I have a couple of older scsi devices which still work; namely a scanner
and a zip
drive. I thought about getting the optional scsi card ($49.) installed
on this G4, but I
wonder how much I would use this in the future, especially since I plan
to get a
new scanner as soon as I finish researching them. My OLD scanner is an
Epson ES
800C.

Here are my questions:
1. What are your thoughts on how useful a scsi card would be in the
future? I want
to keep my costs down, of course, but then again, if I want to put a
card in
later, it will be quite a lot more money.
2. What are your opinions on the Epson 3200 Perfection Scanner or any
other
recommendations.
3. I want to make sure that I have a good guarantee form Apple, but I
was reading
their policies on the website and it says that customized computers can
not be
returned OR exchanged for any reason. Does this mean adding the option
of a second
processor would void the guarantee or warantee of this G4. What if I get
a lemon.
This is kind of scarry. What are your thoughts?

Thanks for your help.
C. C.