[G4] G4--prices?

Crazy Miz B of the Crazed Cowboys paula at crazedcowboys.com
Tue Jul 22 12:32:59 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, July 15, 2003, at 10:00 PM, Kunga wrote:

> That would be ME who posted those warnings Paula. Your information
> about what your friend is thinking of buying is completely inadequate.
> I want to help you both but you have to give us more information.

Thanks...but I think we're out of our league on details for this...She
just needs a good, solid, reliable, reasonably fast computer for work
in real estate, which will include a lot of virtual tours of homes.
That's about it.

> The rip off G4's are everything outside the new dual 1.25 GHz w/2MB L3
> cache that boot 9 for $1599. But anyone thinking of buying a new Mac
> now should be thinking of waiting for the G5 and buying the dual 2 GHz
> G5 in September or October for $2999.

For someone just starting out, though, there's a gaping abyss between
$1600 and $3000...roughly $1400!  No matter how fantastic the G5, a)
she can't wait, as her work is now....and b) it's too much money for
her...