[G4] Default PDF app

Wilkin, Wayne (Mass) Wayne.Wilkin at Staples.com
Thu Jul 24 13:54:35 PDT 2003

  Get info on any PDF file.  Click on the "Open With" arrow. Select
"Preview" from the pulldown menu. And then select "Apply to All" underneath
that. Hope this helps.

-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph B. Gurman
To: Power Macintosh G4 List
Sent: 7/24/03 4:41 PM
Subject: [G4] Default PDF app

     This is probably so obvious it should be in an FAQ somewhere, but
I haven't managed to find the answer. I installed Adobe Reader 6.0 on
my G4 running 10.2.6, and now it's the default for PDF files ---
i.e., all screen captures get Adobe instead of Preview icons, and
double-clicking them has the predictable effect of launching
Reader.... which takes forever compared with Preview.

     Now I don't want to uninstall Reader completely; it clearly has
lots of useful capabilities (like text search) that Preview doesn't.
But (finally) how do I get the system to go back to Preview as the
default PDF app?

     Sorry to waste the time of all of the wise and munificent members
of this list (at least the ones who aren't on vacation), but thanks.

						Joe Gurman
--
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they go by."
                                                          - Douglas

Joseph B. Gurman, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Solar Physics
Branch, Greenbelt MD 20771 USA

----------
G4ist, a listserv for discussion of everything G4.
FAQ at <http://www.themacintoshguy.com/lists/G4.html>.
Send a message to <G4-DIGEST at themacintoshguy.com> to switch to the
digest.

XRouter | Share your DSL or cable modem between multiple computers!
Dr. Bott | Now $139.99      <http://www.drbott.com/prod/xrouter.html>

Dr. Bott LLC   4-port USB Hub in translucent Graphite!
Dr. Bott LLC   <http://www.drbott.com/prod/ghub.html>

Small Dog Electronics   http://www.smalldog.com  | Canon Digital Cameras

--Quicksilver & refurbished G4's arriving daily! |   and Camcorders!!

OS X News, Dr.Mac, Forums, Tutorials, Tips, Hints, FAQ?s -
http://www.osxfaq.com