[G4] print problem

Steve Goldstein sng at cox.net
Mon Jul 28 07:33:29 PDT 2003

"Print Center Repair" utility.  I used it pre-Jaguar, and I do not
know if it works with Jaguar, as I have not needed it lately.  Also,
GIMP-print from sourceforge.  I tis a bit involved to set up with
USB, but it has worked miracles for some.

BTW, I have an HP 2500, also, but I got the Ethernet-networked model
and have no problems with it.   If you can afford it, you may want to
look into adding the Etherenet print server to your 2500.

I also have a USB-connected HP All-in-One  OfficeJet 6100 which I use
for scanning, copying, and printing pictures (a wonderful machine!),
but I often have to unplug-replug the 6100's USB connection to my
Mac, and NOT through a hub, as has been noted, to make it work.
Funny thing is that I also use it on occasion with my PC (which I
only use on rare occasions, anyway), and the 6100 seems to work
without a hitch from the PC (under WinXP_Home), so I suspect that
there may be issues with HP's Mac software.

--Steve