[G4] Will a newer video card help?

Ryan Fleming ryan at randallflagg.ws
Tue Jul 29 08:12:45 PDT 2003

Most often when the CPU is lagging I've been told to turn off any extra
sound features like 3D audio and they will make the greatest improvement in
gameplay. Because most of the newer sound options are really taxing on the
processor. Basically only use the general audio feature. And of course a new
graphics card would help tremendously as well but it wont make your computer
faster.

I have G4 Sawtooth 350mghz and I had got warcraft 3 and realized how slow
everything was going so I upgraded my processor to a Sonnet G4 800mghz and
saw a vast improvement as well as every other thing running better including
finally using OSX rather smoothly.
http://www.sonnettech.com/product/encore_stg4.html

Check them out it took 2 seconds to instal it was only $275 and doubled the
speed of my machine!

--
Ryan
Randall Flagg