[G4] Will a newer video card help?

Hal kastegir at mac.com
Tue Jul 29 09:06:04 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, July 29, 2003, at 09:02 AM, Vernon LeMoignan wrote:

> You would see a HUGE improvement in game playing by going to the  8500.
>
> The whole point to have a video accelerator card is so that the system
> can offload
> the video processing to a dedicated graphics CPU. The speed of the G4
> will effect
> the graphics speed to a certain degree, but the video card  plays a
> much greater role
> in determining frame rates and such.
>
> I don't know if the Geforce4 titanium is compatible with 2X AGP

This is a question I've been meaning to ask as well. Does anyone know
what cards will work in the 2x AGP slot vs. the 4x AGP in later G4s?

Any help appreciated.

-Hal

p.s. I just joined the list and am in the process of trying to acquire
a G4 tower to join my G4 Cube and TiBook G4. It's like trying to
collect the whole set! :-)