[G4] Will a newer video card help?

John Erdman jperdman at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 30 07:13:37 PDT 2003

OK You've convinced me that a more up-to-date video card will probably
solve my problem. I wasn't nearly as sure before.  And I do like the
idea of being able to support two monitors. Thanks for all those

I was leaning toward the ATI 8500 when I wrote because I'd found some
for a semi-reasonable price on eBay. I'd looked at the nVidia geForce4
Titanium, but decided that it was too pricey to put in my old war horse
now. But I hadn't considered an older version of the nVidia product.
How does that nVidia ge3 card compare performance wise with the ATI
8500?

I assume that there are Mac and PC versions of these cards and that
they are not interchangeable. Is that right?

Also no one answered my question about how can I tell (ie. measure)
whether my Medal of Honor game's performance is being limited by the
CPU vs the video card. Is there some sort of a bench mark I could use
to determine this?

Thanks,
John