Airport Software Base Station

Ken ken at schneider.net
Wed Jul 30 09:04:59 PDT 2003

I am using my G4/400 as an Airport Software Base Station under 10.2.6.
My wife's TiBook connects fine.  A friend came over with his Windows98
laptop and WiFi card but could not connect.  It could see my Airport
network information (name, channel #, etc.) but it showed no signal
strength.  I tried to use the Airport Admin Utility on both the G4 and
the TiBook but the utility could not find the software base station.

What do I need to do to get the Win98 laptop onto the Airport network?
Since I am using the G4 as an Airport Software Base Station, does that
make the Airport Admin Utility useless?

Thanks,

-= Ken =-