[G4] keyboards

Basil Bourque basilbourque at mac.com
Thu Jul 31 01:36:01 PDT 2003

> WHY doesn't some smart company make a fabulously nice keyboard, one
> with mechanical keys like the old Extended II, and sell it for $99? I
> would buy one if it were good enough. I have told companies like Dr.
> Bott about my idea but get universally ignored. Seems like a
> no-brainer to me -- I mean, what part of your computer do you have the
> most contact with? The keyboard. Oh well.

I recently read about such a beast being announced by a small company
on one of the Mac new products lists. They specifically bragged about
being comparable to Apple's old Extended II keyboard. Unfortunately, I
cannot find the info anywhere.

Also, you might consider other USB keyboards that are not Mac-specific.
Many work without any drivers.

--Basil