Mysterious Preferences

db deebee at aon.at
Sun Jun 1 05:39:38 PDT 2003

William Metcalfe wrote:

> I recently found a group of 4  in the Preferences Folder.

I recently noticed the same (or rather similar?) phenom in my prefs
directory. Mine are also 4 in number, to wit:

cf#PzXBU
cf#82r6M
cf#wBlzi
cf#TsZgH

...like William, I'm curious to know whuz up. Unlike William mine are
in my local users prefs on OSX. (hell, I don't even remember the last
time I was in 9.) Anyone else noticed this? I'm pretty sure they
weren't there as recently as a week ago. I could stuff them up and put
them on another partition I suppose and see what happens after trashing
the originals.

db