Yikes! boot problem

diane diane at mathermotorsports.com
Sun Jun 1 12:34:59 PDT 2003

I think I am just cursed this weekend.  <G>

Back in Jan the logic board of my Yikes! died so I ended up with a
new machine. Over the months I picked up a new LB, installed it and
it was totally dead.

Last weekend I finally took a close look at it and pushed those two
little buttons on it. I had totally forgotten about them <blushing>

So this is cool, I now have power to the machine.

Except I cannot get it to boot off a CD or hard drive! Both hard
drives that I have work fine in my 1.42 MDD. One is a 9.2.2 boot
drive I originally had in the Yikes! and later in my 1gDP.  Both of
these drives produce an alternating Happy Mac face and a folder with
a "?" on it.

If I put an OS9 CD it will sit at the Happy Mac for 30 minutes and
not go anywhere.

If I put the OS8 CD in it, I don't get any icons.

Both of these CD's used to boot the Yikes! and they still boot my PM6500.

Is there a new LB dance I forgot to do?

TIA,

Diane