[G4] SCSI cards and sleep (was...and new MDD's?)

Brian Conner brianconner at vision-video.com
Mon Jun 2 20:05:52 PDT 2003

No, it's the same channel. You connect either an internal or an external
device to it. But I think Thomas probably nailed this one. You've got an old
card and a new G4.

If not that, then there's something wrong with either the card or the PCI
slot. Have you tried moving the card to another slot? Is there another G4
you can try installing the card in? Have you tried booting with nothing
connected to the card? Have you burnished the contacts on the edge of the
card?

Have you tried Safe Boot? I'm not sure if Safe Boot will load the drivers to
allow the system to recognize a SCSI card or not, but I think it will. Check
Apple System Profiler and see if the card shows up.

Brian