Textedit/setting margins help !

Donald Levstik wd5jbc at att.net
Sun Jun 8 21:13:05 PDT 2003

Hi all;

I am having a problem getting the left margin  set correctly when
using the 'Textedit' program.

For some reason, the left margin keeps reverting to a 1" setting. I
have checked the settings in
the 'Page Setup' dialog box. The default setting  is 0.25". I even
created a custom setting with
0.0" margins, thinking the problem was there.

In 'Textedit' If I move  the margin to 0.0" as indicated on the ruler
and then select 'Print Preview', the text is
showing to be offset by 1". Printing the page confirms the margin to be
1" as well.

Another strange thing I notice is if I select 'Wrap to Page' in
'textedit' after I set the margin setting  on the ruler
to 0.0", the box drawn around the page starts at 1", and I cannot pull
the margin  back to anything less.

I also use 'Print Explosion' and am able to have it use the margins set
in 'Page Setup', so I don't think the problem
is with the 'Page Setup' program. Maybe the problem is with  'textedit'
itself?

Anyone have any suggestions on what might be going on?

For reference, my Mac is a 2002 Quick Silver running OSX 10.2.4.  the
printer is an HP Photosmart P1100 with the
latest printer driver updates. Textedit is version 1.2 (v185). Print
Explosion is version 2.0.5.

Thanks;

Don Levstik
wd5jbc at att.net