[G4] Catalog B-tree damaged ?

Brian Conner brianconner at vision-video.com
Tue Jun 10 07:48:48 PDT 2003

I just received DiskWarrior 3.0 yesterday. It works great and _very_ fast. I
did have an issue with the SuperDrive after Rebuilding from the CD. As
Alsoft tells you in the ReadMe, when you Quit DW3 from the CD, the PowerMac
hangs, so you simply Shut Down manually (hold down the power button for 5
seconds or so.) When I rebooted, CDs and DVDs in the drive wouldn't show on
the desktop. I think what fixed it was to Repair Permissions.

As for your problem, if you have two drives and can install OS X on the 2nd
drive so you could boot from it, I think you could use the downloaded
DiskWarrior 3, which is available from http://www.alsoft.com and fix the
Cats and B-Trees today. You would order "Download & CD" DW3 for $79.95,
download it and install on the 2nd drive, then boot from the 2nd drive, so
you can repair your 1st drive.

For delivery of the CD, Alsoft is way back ordered. I ordered my copy over a
month ago.

HTH.

Brian Conner