[G4] Catalog B-tree damaged ?

Seilnacht, Bill (OTS-WSP) bill_seilnacht at output.net
Tue Jun 10 07:58:30 PDT 2003

I removed Norton from my computers within the facility I work in and my
personal machines for the exact same reason. Norton came up with all these
errors that Disk First Aid didn't find. Try this: Boot in single users mode
(hold down command key and the S) type fsck -y and see if it comes up with
any problems. If, it says changes were made continue to run fsck -y until it
comes up with no changes were made. Then type reboot. This command is the
Unix version of Disk First Aid. You mentioned Drive 10, that is an excellent
application and may solve your problem as well. I would first run the
command I stated above , then see what happens. Also, you may want to look
into Unix tools to help with disk issues. Try Developer Depot
www.devdepot.com type Unix Utilities for OS X it should come up with some
software that may help not only with disk issues but command line,
printer,etc.