[G4] USB-DIN adaptor cable

Douglas McCabe douglasmccabe at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 24 03:29:55 PDT 2003

Hello Mike,

Many thanks for taking time to respond to my request.  My machine is a G4
(400Mhz) and I'm currently running OS 9.2.  I'm using the machne in my home
and so have no need for routers, etc.  Since I can happily survive using my
inkjet printer, and can't afford any heavy expense to get this printer
hooked up, I'm hoping a simple solution involving something like a cable
adaptor is available.  Being a computer novice, I'm somewhat surprised that
Apple didn't make the G4 backward compatible with older Apple printers or at
least make it easy for non-experts like myself to obtain the necessary
accessories to allow this.

Any more thoughts you have on this matter would be very welcome.

Best regards.

Douglas