[G4] Does Apple Lie about the G5?

Vernon LeMoignan arrow at oanet.com
Wed Jun 25 15:41:23 PDT 2003

Apple did not lie. They may have shed the best light on things,
but who doesn't?

The speed tests were done by an independent company
under as fair and equitable terms as could be arranged considering
the differences in platforms.

Apple did independent testing and posted their testing as well as
how it was done, while others just post unverifiable results. Then
Apple gets accused of hiding things!

Apple even showed in the G5 white paper on Apple's site that the G5
was slower than the others at Integer.

Even if they tweaked it to their advantage do you really believe that
intel and AMD don't do the same?

a lot of the analysis I've seen says the tests were tweaked more for the
P4.

It's just PC geeks who are upset that the test wasn't conducted in a
way that
gave the P4 an unfair advantage.

Vern.