[G4] Double icons on my OS9 desktop!

Tracker at aol.com Tracker at aol.com
Fri Jun 27 00:51:28 PDT 2003

In a message dated 6/26/03 9:36:44, tdc at attbi.com writes:

<< Shouldn't only the desktop icons from the booted drive be showing on
the desktop, even though the other hard drive is mounted?

Nope! As long as a drive is "MOUNTED", its desktop icons will show on the
desktop of whichever drive you have booted from. That includes the drive icon
itself and any other document/file/program/alias/etc icon that you have on the
desktop of any drive that is active.

With multiple drives, your desktop can get very cluttered in a hurry. That's
why I try to keep my desktops appearing clean with only a folder showing. The
folder holds aliases to my favorite playthings and I can get to them from any
drive.