[G4] More Ram

Mel mkrewall at mac.com
Sat Jun 28 14:05:55 PDT 2003

That depends on what applications you are using. If you run heavy-duty
Photoshop filters or do DV editing with real-time effects, the answer
is maybe. If email, web, and MS Office is what you use, probably not. I
have 768 MB (1-512 stick + 1-256 stick) on my Quicksilver and last time
I looked I had zero pageouts to virtual memory. Run top from a terminal
screen and look for the number of pageouts for your machine. If you
have 0 or a small number of pageouts after an extended period of
uptime, then more RAM would most likely not help your performance.
Mel