[G4] More CPU for G4 450.

Mel mkrewall at mac.com
Sun Jun 29 06:29:44 PDT 2003

Tiger,
You need to upgrade your processor. You can buy a faster processor that
should give you much improved performance. One place to check out is
Other World Computing, www.macsales.com to find out what upgrades will
work with your machine. You can get upgrades from 800 MHz to 1.2 GHz
that should give your machine a big kick in the pants. A second item
you might want to consider is a faster graphics card if you are doing
any rendering or playing 3D games. If you haven't got at least 512 MB
RAM you should probably get at least that much. And finally, if your
hard drive(s) are only 5400 rpm, you could get 7200 rpm drives that
would somewhat improve your disk performance.
HTH,
Mel