OT: Write Speed Questions CD-R v DVD-R

Domains4Days.com Lists at domains4days.com
Sun Mar 2 06:44:49 PST 2003

 I am trying to compare it the write speed of a CD-R (16x) v DVD-R (2x)

Although they seem to be releasing 4x speed DVD - R  recorders - basically
as I understand it they are for the most part writing at 2 X speed
currently.

 I understand that the ratios for the two different formats might be
different - so that rating at 2 times on a CD-R (2x) - will be a different
actual speed than writing 2 times on a DVD-R (2x)

AS AN EXAMPLE:

1- writing 650 megs of data on a CD-R (16x speed) - currently takes about 5
minutes (non-verify).

2 - writing 650 megs of data on a SuperDrive (DVD-R/CD-RW)  (2x speed) ???
TAKES HOW LONG??? ( I don't currently own one to test it)

--
RevDave
Lists at domains4days.com
[db-lists]