[G4] Error of type -127

Tracker at aol.com Tracker at aol.com
Sun Mar 2 10:37:47 PST 2003

In a message dated 3/2/03 6:30:27 AM, jj4 at sympatico.ca writes:

<< Would she be able to use Target disk Mode to
connect to the G4 via Firewire? Save alot of
poking inside the box.

jj

Not unless BOTH machines have FireWire connection sockets, which is
information that hasn't been revealed yet.

I have opened both types of machines, and there isn't that much that you can
damage unless you get really heavy-handed with a screwdriver and over-tighten
the screws.

Besides, poking around inside the box can be a lot of fun and is educational
at the same time.

There are always sellers on eBay who are offering Macintosh service/technical
information CDs. Those CDs have complete step-by-step instructions in PDF
format for doing this sort of thing. They are very cheap, contain printed
instructions, and have illustrations of each procedure.

I have used my CDs repeatedly to work on Macintosh models that I do not have
as a personal computer. Just last Thursday, I opened a Wallstreet laptop and
replaced the right side expansion bay door while following the on-screen
instructions.  I got the laptop opened, stripped the chassis, replaced the
door, re-installed the parts, and booted the machine all in under an hour

If I can do it, most other people should be able to do it, too.