[G4] iPod and older iMac Firewire Challenge

Dieder Bylsma TheMacGuy at spacemoo.com
Mon Mar 3 01:17:13 PST 2003

>Does anyone know how to connect a new iPod via Firewire to an older iMac
>which does not have a firewire port?

if you have one of the original series of iMacs, the one with the
'Mezzanine' slot, you can actually 'add' firewire to the computer. I
believe this does not apply to anything except the original Bondi iMac

<http://www.go2mac.com/story.lasso?newsID=8276>
<http://homepage.mac.com/bluesofbondi/>

>One thought I had is to buy an external hard drive with both usb/firewire
>ports and try to connect the iPod that way.

don't think that'll work but that's just a guess. In fact, I don't
know how you'd go about using any firewire device without somehow
installing a firewire card on it somewhere... and the only iMac that
'supports' expansion cards is the first generation iMac 266.

Dieder