[G4] iPod and older iMac Firewire Challenge

John Wilson wilsonjohn at mac.com
Mon Mar 3 05:10:07 PST 2003

 Try placing the iPod on top of the computer case. After approximately 50 minutes the CPU will sense the iPod and automatically link to and update all your iTunes files. Seriously though, Firewire cards are pretty cheap right now--$20 or so. Check out DealMac or the swap lists, eBay, etc. Your idea about using the Firewire port on a Firewire/USB external drive (at least I think that's what you're talking about) might work but I doubt it. If it does, make sure you post the results. Good luck, John Wilson