How to go back to previous printer driver?

David Crandon tdc at attbi.com
Mon Mar 3 10:21:02 PST 2003

Hello all,

I'd like to know if it's possible to reinstall a previous printer driver
(for OSX, not OS9) for my HP Deskjet 970Cxi.

One of the main reasons I bought this printer back in my OS9 days was
the ability to print on both sides of the page (duplex printing).

In the Read Me for the OSX version it has always stated the loss of
certain functions vs. the OS9 version. One of these is that it won't
print on both sides if the number of pages in the document is an odd
number. Despite this, mine always still printed on both sides no matter what.

Until I upgraded to OS 10.2.1 that is. I've since gone to 10.2.4 and
have not regained the ability.

I believe that there are sort of two components to this. One is the
Deskjet Utility and the other is the driver itself. The Deskjet Utility
is the thing that will print test pages, check the ink level, calibrate etc.

I think it's the driver I should try to replace. I do have my original
OS 10.2 and the 10.1 install disks. Can I get the driver from these?
Exactly what should I replace?

Thanks,

David Crandon