Looking back?

Simon Briggs stagsimon at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 3 13:34:56 PST 2003

I have been using OSX.2 for a while and becoming more accustomed to it.
One drawback has been the obsolesence of my ATI Xclaim VR128 card
(except to run a 2nd monitor).
Whilst not the greatest video capture/TV device in existence it did
have some advantages...
1) It worked in both PAL and NTSC
b) I already owned it
c I could output desktop images to video

I can not currently afford a DV converter and decided to install a
clean (non classic) version of OS9.1 on a spare hard drive.
It will not startup, it gets part way through the start up and freezes
(after the happy Mac and about 10% of the way into the scroll bar
thingy.
I was thinking maybe its because of the firmware upgrade required as
part of OSX

Any one have any ideas?

Simon Briggs
G4/400 Sawtooth