Remounting Firewire Drives

Russ Maehl rmaehl at bigpond.net.au
Mon Mar 3 19:38:46 PST 2003

Hi,

I make heavy use of a pocket 40gig LaCie firewire drive.  I go from office
to home, and only have to insert the firewire connector to start up and
power the drive....that works great.

What I do not like is that to dismount you drag the drive icon to the trash,
or do command-e to eject....which is fine, but if you want to remount the
drive, you have to physically pull the connector and then reinsert it into
the drive.

I have had no problems or near misses with fried firewire problems, but
seems to me the more often I have to physically connect and reconnect, the
more my chances of a problem occurring.

Anyone have a software solution to get the firewire drives to mount?

Thanks,

Russ