[G4] Making a Bootable Copy of a HD

Ralph Garrett ralphbones at kc.rr.com
Mon Mar 3 21:59:37 PST 2003

On Monday, Mar 3, 2003, at 21:13 US/Central, R. Sigismonti wrote:

> /etc/master.password:No such file or directory

> I assume this is some sort of UNIX command line, but I do not have the
> foggiest as to what to do with it.

It's not a Unix command line, it's a path to the directory that stores
the master password. Are you comfortable using Terminal? If not, try
formatting the Firewire drive using Disk Utility, then make sure the
partition you put OS X on is the first partition (the top partition in
the DU Window) on the drive.

Before you clone with CCC, make sure you go to preferences and make
sure the verify file system consistency for source and target disks,
repair permissions before cloning and make bootable options are
selected.

HTH

Ralph