[G4] Dual Display Video Card for VGA monitors

Ralph Garrett ralphbones at kc.rr.com
Thu Mar 6 00:05:29 PST 2003

On Tuesday, Mar 4, 2003, at 14:17 US/Central, Goldberg, Franck (x2187)
wrote:

> What video card should I get for dual display, with two Viewsonic VGA
> monitors?  This is a PC work environment.  Our Mac is a 'digital
> audio'G4
> 733/133, currently with an AGP GE Force 2MX, running Jaguar 10.2.4.
> This is
> for graphic/photo work, not gaming.
> Thanks.

The ATI 8500 will run two VGA monitors, is AGP so you could sell the
nVidia card and save a PCI slot but you'll need a DVI to VGA adaptor
for one of the monitors (about $20). I've used the 8500 in a G4
Sawtooth with a couple of Sony monitors with no problems. I've used the
DVI to VGA adaptor with the Sawtooth and a Ti PB also, again with no
problems.

Ralph