[G4] Dual Display Video Card for VGA monitors

Goldberg, Franck (x2187) FGOLDBERG at PBWT.COM
Thu Mar 6 09:28:45 PST 2003

Thank you everyone for your answers. Because of budget and time, I'm going
with the PCI, Radeon 7000. I understand I'll lose Quartz Extreme, I can live
with that as I will use the second monitor mostly for storing palettes.
I'll let you know when i receive the card and install it.  Thanks again.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean Collins [mailto:sean at hogheaven.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2003 12:14 PM
To: Power Macintosh G4 List
Subject: Re: [G4] Dual Display Video Card for VGA monitors

Ralph Garrett wrote:

>The ATI 8500 will run two VGA monitors, is AGP so you could sell the
>nVidia card and save a PCI slot but you'll need a DVI to VGA adaptor
>for one of the monitors (about $20)

The retail Radeon 8500 Mac Edition includes a DVI-VGA adapter, so no
extra cost is incurred.

>On Tuesday, Mar 4, 2003, at 14:17 US/Central, Goldberg, Franck (x2187)
>wrote:
>
>>  What video card should I get for dual display, with two Viewsonic VGA
>>  monitors?  This is a PC work environment.  Our Mac is a 'digital
>  > audio'G4 733/133, currently with an AGP GE Force 2MX, running
>Jaguar 10.2.4.
>  > This is for graphic/photo work, not gaming.

----------
G4ist, a listserv for discussion of everything G4.
FAQ at <http://www.themacintoshguy.com/lists/G4.html>.
Send a message to <G4-DIGEST at themacintoshguy.com> to switch to the digest.

XRouter | Share your DSL or cable modem between multiple computers!
Dr. Bott | Now $139.99      <http://www.drbott.com/prod/xrouter.html>

Dr. Bott LLC   4-port USB Hub in translucent Graphite!
Dr. Bott LLC   <http://www.drbott.com/prod/ghub.html>

Small Dog Electronics   http://www.smalldog.com  | Canon Digital Cameras |
--Quicksilver & refurbished G4's arriving daily! |   and Camcorders!!    |

OS X News, Dr.Mac, Forums, Tutorials, Tips, Hints, FAQ?s -
http://www.osxfaq.com

Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message.  If you
anyone.  In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the
sender by reply email.  Please advise immediately if you or your employer
do not consent to Internet email for messages of this kind.