CPU Stability Testers?

Gene Huh gshuh at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 8 15:09:23 PST 2003

>Where can I get the "rc-72 client" referred to by sandor? None of my
>searches have turned up a source.
>
>WDunwiddie

It's actually "rc5-72", which may be why your searches didn't work:

I found it at the following link.  Both OS 9 and OS X clients are
available there:
<http://www.distributed.net/download/clients.html>

Documentation can be accessed from that page as well.

I seem to be running it fine; however, I don't know what to expect in
the event that there is a calculation error.  I guess I'm looking for
some sort of 'selftest' mode.  Apparently there is a built-in test
functionality but haven't figured out how to access it yet.

As far as I can tell, the program tests only the integer-calculating
units in your processor (not the floating point units).

Best,
Gene (digest mode)