[G4] Old Monitor with Sawtooth

Doug McNutt douglist at macnauchtan.com
Sun Mar 9 18:35:31 PST 2003

At 18:00 -0800 3/9/03, Adrian Stubbs wrote:
>He has an old 17 inch Apple monitor that worked with the clone but will that work with a Sawtooth.  If not is it simply a case of buying an adaptor ? What type of adaptor ?

Almost certainly. I have used old 640x480 stuff and I now have two 21 inch Apple Monochromes working just fine.

Earlier G4's came with a 3 row 15 pin to 2 row 15 socket adapter. There are a couple of subtleties in the pinout though and a "standard" VGA to Apple monitor adapter may not be exactly right. The worst that can happen with an incorrect adapter is that your monitor will not be recognized as an Apple unit but it might well work anyway.  A dealer can help or ask me for the pinout and heat up a soldering iron.

--
--> If you are presented a number as a percentage, and you do not clearly understand the numerator and the denominator involved, you are surely being lied to. <--