Shut Down/Restart Preference File

Richard Kriss kriss at qsl.net
Tue Mar 11 03:47:33 PST 2003

I am having trouble getting my G4-450 running OS 10.2.2 to really shut
down.  If I use the Log Out command (under the Apple menu), it does its
thing and then presents me with options to restart or shut down. When I
click on shut down, it shuts down then after few seconds restarts.  I tried
using the Shut Down button under the Apple menu and it does the same thing.

I suspect a bad preference file and wonder if trashing such an item may
help.  Anybody know the name of a preference file that may be causing the
automatic restarts?

Dick