Problems installing Epson scanner software

k s d ksd003 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 15 16:06:20 PST 2003

Hi all.

I've just purchased an Epson 2400 scanner and I'm having
problems installing the software I've downloaded from
Epson's site (Twain Driver v5.75A). When clicking on the
install file, an error dialog says:

   The application "(null)" could not be launched
   because of a shared library error: "@<Director 7.0
   Resources><Director 7.0
   Resources><InterfaceLib> <>"

I hit ok and the installer quits.

I run the installer again, don't get the error and I am
able to enter my system p/w and then procede to installation.

It gets to the end of installation then the dialog pops up:

   Error creating file.
   1008:5,-5000 Access denied error

Hit ok. then the dialog:

   You do not have enough access
   privileges for this installation.

I have restarted, repaired privledges, don't have
Director 7.0 installed on my system and don't know
what to do. I'm assuming that maybe the Director
part of the error is a GUI type thing for the software,
but I'm not sure. I don't have "root" set up and I
don't care to because I don't know what I'm doing at
the command line level. I wish I could just install
software with no problems as I always did before OSX.

Any help would greatly appreciated.
TIA
-kevin
G4 450,  512ram,  Running Jaguar 10.2.4