PowerBook G4 12" Thoughts?

Joe Sporleder joe at beloit-kansas.com
Sun Mar 16 10:10:33 PST 2003

I would like to know the thoughts anyone on this list may have on the
PowerBook G4 (12" model), especially if you have one. I work for a
small publishing company and we prefer G4 towers for most of our ad
designer production work. However, I find that I need to travel between
5 different offices, including my home office, splitting my time
between being our company's chief technical officer, training employees
and designing ads myself. Do you think that the PowerBook G4 12" has
enough oomph to be a primary computer, replacing a G4 mini tower?? My
current machine is a PowerMac G4/400 with 1GB of RAM. The one short
coming I possibly see with the 12" PowerBook, is it'll only go to 640MB
of RAM. Our primary applications are Multi-Ad Creator (desktop
publishing program popular in the newspaper world for advertising
design), and of course Photoshop. The economy has been especially tough
in my area with a drought adding to the already uncertain economy, but
we are ready to start replacing our older machines with MacOS X
friendly computers, as we now have all of our software in place to be
MacOS X native.

Joe