[G4] problem capturing video or copying large files to SCSI hard drive

Tracker at aol.com Tracker at aol.com
Sun Mar 16 10:51:58 PST 2003

In a message dated 3/15/03 19:13:42, btgroucho at earthlink.net writes:

<<
> What is the difference between ATA and IDE? Sorry for the ignorance,
> but I
> never heard of any before

Check here.

<http://kb.indiana.edu/data/adlt.html>

groucho >>

Thanks for the lead and information. However, it still remains that you can
ONLY have two devices per bus ribbon, one master and one slave, regardless of
the type of hard drive you install.

It appears to me that people who are most interested in "fast and faster"
data access are going to be the only ones who really care which type of drive
they purchase. As long as the technology is faster than the human eye, what
does it matter to the average home computer user?

For everything that I use my computers for, an IDE 5400rpm drive more than
satisfies. Maybe if I get a digital movie camera it will matter, but not
until then. In the mean time, I still look to see how fat my wallet is before
buying new drives.