[G4] Multifunction scanner-printer-fax-copier for Jaguar

Pastor Mac pastormac at macmail.com
Sun Mar 16 16:42:19 PST 2003

At 12:23 AM +0000 3/17/03, Jeremy Allan wrote:
>Found it very difficult to choose an appropriate multifunction machine.. had
>to return a Brother MFC 5100 C - no OCR or scanning...

Hi all--I'm new to the list...am in the process of upgrading from a
Umax c600 to a Sawtooth 400 and a longtime subscriber to the
Lowendmac Supermacs list.  Anyway, I bought a Brother MFC-7300 nearly
2 years ago.  A basic piece of junk, I would describe it.  The
drivers were atrocious and ink cartridges dried up almost as soon as
they were unwrapped plus there are no knockoff cartridges for Brother
machines.  I wished I would've saved a few more pennies and went with
a laser mechanism and HP.  Few ever got fired choosing HP.  Far more
Mac friendly and industry standard.
--
Pax,

Pastor Mac