Thanks

Matthew Wensley mwensley at sympatico.ca
Tue Mar 18 10:49:32 PST 2003

thanks for the advice re: G4 and SETI problems.

I've moved to the CLI version and SETICLI Manager and have not had a
monitor or sleep problem since.

I'm also cranking out more SETI units!

A friend of mine is a software engineer, this is what he has to say
about SETI

Matt,

The crash seems to be here:
> Thread 1 Crashed:
>  #0   0x9000428c in free_list_remove_ptr
>  #1   0x90004ccc in szone_malloc
>  #2   0x90004a44 in malloc_zone_malloc
>  #3   0x900117b0 in _pthread_create_suspended
>  #4   0x015971fc in 0x15971fc
>  #5   0x00000000 in 0x0

This looks like some sort of memory allocation problem, i.e. they're
probably dereferencing a null pointer or something. Doesn't seem to be
an Apple bug at first glance.

Paul