[G4] Print Centre Problem

Lee ratman at cq.net
Sun Mar 23 08:16:16 PST 2003

On Sunday, Mar 23, 2003, at 00:39 US/Central, SnowWhite wrote:

> I have a G4 Cube and a G4 Sawtooth and I cannot get Print Centre to
> print with my Tektronix Phaser 350.  The printer is hooked to the
> router and works perfectly in OS9 and is recognized in OSX 10.2.4.
> Print Centre sees it and I can set it up as Local but when I send a
> print job the printer does not respond. I feel I am missing something
> simple but cannot (have not) figuer it. Anyone have simular problems
> with an eathernet printer? And also this printer supports Adobe
> Postscript 2 and I cannot find anywhere to toggle it-OS9 had these
> choices in the dialogs when I sent to print (it seems to be missing in
> OSX).

Are you using appletalk or ethernet to talk to the printer? have you
checked for new drivers from Tektronix? Are you using the printer port
on the router, or is the printer running ethernet? One thing you might
have to do is use CUPS printing to access the printer on the router, if
it is connected to the parallel printer port of the router. If you are
connecting the printer via ethernet, try printing to the ip address of
the printer. Any postscript ethernet printer should be supported under
OSX10.2.4. Also, you might have to configure some settings on the
printer itself instead of through software.

Good luck.

Lee