[G4] iMovie to Quicktime

Abe Magallanez pasm3 at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 28 10:22:16 PST 2003

-------Original Message-------
From: "T. Brown / groucho" <btgroucho at earthlink.net>
Sent: 03/28/03 08:40 AM
To: Power Macintosh G4 List <G4 at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
Subject: Re: [G4] iMovie to Quicktime

I am using these steps; choosing export> quicktime> expert settings> toast video CD. It promopts to save as ".mpg", but the file is saved as ".mov". The file as ".mov" is not recognized by Quicktime or Toast.

Thanks,
Abe

On Friday, March 28, 2003, at 07:05  AM, abe magallanez wrote:

> I am trying to convert an iMovie to Quicktime( iMovie 3.0.2 and
> Quicktime 6.1).  Am following instructions but when I try to open the
> file with Quicktime it prompts an error that the file is not
> compatible. Trying to burn a Video CD with Toast Titanium.

Are you choosing export> quicktime> expert settings> toast video CD ?

Or do you mean after it's burnt to VCD it won't open with Quicktime ?
I think you need to install MacVCD player, check on version tracker.

groucho

----------
G4ist, a listserv for discussion of everything G4.
FAQ at <http://www.themacintoshguy.com/lists/G4.html>.
Send a message to <G4-DIGEST at themacintoshguy.com> to switch to the digest.

XRouter | Share your DSL or cable modem between multiple computers!
Dr. Bott | Now $139.99      <http://www.drbott.com/prod/xrouter.html>

Dr. Bott LLC   4-port USB Hub in translucent Graphite!
Dr. Bott LLC   <http://www.drbott.com/prod/ghub.html>

Small Dog Electronics   <a target=_blank
href="http://www.smalldog.com">http://www.smalldog.com</a>  | Canon Digital Cameras |
--Quicksilver & refurbished G4's arriving daily! |   and Camcorders!!    |

OS X News, Dr.Mac, Forums, Tutorials, Tips, Hints, FAQ?s - <a
target=_blank href="http://www.osxfaq.com">http://www.osxfaq.com</a>