ATI Drivers

Ron Michaud rmichau2 at maine.rr.com
Sat Mar 29 12:26:06 PST 2003

My previous postings in Feb.. related to problems I ran into in installing a
Radeon 8500 and the related ATI drivers.  I was finally able to get beyond
the problem  but have been left with another issue.

Keynote has refused to work since the ATI installation.  So this PM I
reinstalled OS 10.2 from the CD to my backup drive using the archive method.
When the unit rebooted after installing the 1st CD, it froze with a gray
screen.  I had to boot into safe boot to get it started.

Went back into OS 9 with a CD, removed the ATI drivers that are a part of
the Jag install and I am up again but Keynote still will not play a slide
show.

What confuses me is what am I missing.  Even a full install of 10.2 does not
eliminate the problems and I know the original install did not hang during
the process.

I did install the ATI drivers last month on this drive as well as my primary
drive.  Are there ATI installation files that are lurking in the background
causing these problems that an archive install is not eliminating?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ron